This free mobile app offers taxpayers a number of safe and secure ways to access popular tools and the most up-to-date tax information. For the new version, IRS2Go is available for the first time in Spanish. The taxpayers’ phone language settings determine whether the IRS2Go content appears in English or in Spanish.
The resources available through IRS2Go include:
- Get Your Refund Status: Taxpayers can check the status of their federal refund through this IRS-developed mobile app with a few basic pieces of information. An updated refund status is available 24 hours after the IRS acknowledges receipt of an e-filed return, or four weeks after mailing a paper return.
- Get My Tax Record: Taxpayers can now order their tax account or tax return transcript from a mobile device. The transcript will be delivered via U.S. Postal Service to their address of record.
- Watch IRS Videos: People can view the IRS YouTube videos right on their smartphones. The IRS YouTube video channels provide short, informative videos in English, Spanish, and in American Sign Language on a variety of tax topics.
- Follow the IRS: Taxpayers can sign up to follow the IRS Twitter newsfeeds, @IRSnews or @IRSenEspanol, which provide easy-to-use information, including tax law changes and important IRS programs.
- Get Tax Updates: Phone app users enter their e-mail address to automatically get simple, straightforward tips and reminders to help with tax planning and preparation. Tax Tips are issued daily during the filing season and periodically throughout the rest of the year.
- Get the latest news: With this tool users can quickly access the most recent updates on the IRS.gov English and Spanish news pages.